How to get a Certificate of Single Status, Non Impediment, Nulla Osta, Certifcat de Coutume, Freedom to Marry

You may want to get married in another country & one of the documents you may need to meet the any of the legal requirement is a letter saying that you are free to marry. So, now you’re off searching the internet, looking at various blogs, calling various agencies trying to find out how you get this letter & are having a difficult time finding it.  On Notary & Apostille Service website we try to offer help by pointing you to various agencies who do offer this service, but this service is not available everywhere.

Recently, I just found out some important information regarding how to get any of the following certificates (USA version): Certificate  of Intended MarriageCertificat de Coutume, a No Impediment to marry, Certificate of Nulla OstaCertificat de celibat, a Statement Instead of a Certificate of Non-Impediment  to Marriage Abroad, Certificate of Freedom to Marry or any kind of statement that says you are free to marry.

I was told you need to contact the Department of Health/Vital Records on the State Level, not your local health/vital records department. I sent an email to my State health department trying to get additional information, so as soon as I get additional information I will post it here. This information is specifically for New York State but it may also work in your state.

Visit  Notary & Apostille Service for additional information until this page is updated. Also, Notary & Apostille Service can assist you in getting your document Apostille according to the Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents

 Notary & Apostille Service, Inc. is a private for profit company registered in the state of New York. We help our clients get their documents legalized (Apostille) for use in any foreign country since 2009. We are a New York State company that offers you a Safe, Reliable, and Affordable Apostille Service. We are not related to any governmental agency. We do not issue or sell documents. We are not lawyers and we do not provide legal advice, tax advice or any other legal or professional advice of any kind.

If you have any questions about the service we provide you can call us at +1-718-569-7422 or +1.866-518-5115 extension 1