The Colorado Secretary of State provides an Apostille or certifications for documents that are going to be used in a foreign country.
Colorado Secretary of State will only authenticates Original signatures on documents originating or issued in Colorado . They must also be:
Correctly notarized by a Colorado Notary Public
Court documents must be Certified copies issued by a Colorado Court
Certified Original copy of Vital Record
Your Vital Record must be Certified Originals.
How can I tell if my Birth Certificate is acceptable for an Apostille in Colorado ?
Original Certified copies must be issued by the State of Colorado
(CO), Vital Records Office of Colorado, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South,
or from https://www.vitalchek.com.
How long does it take?
Normal processing time at the Colorado Secretary of State is 5-7 business days, however, to expedite your mail service, Expedited service is available to speed up the process & for the return of your documents as quickly as possible.
Colorado Embassy Legalization
Embassy Legalization $500
Above Embassy Legalization fee does not include, Embassy fee, commercial fees for invoices or other commercial documents, or expedite fee the at Embassy charges, or return mail cost if International postage requires next day delivery or Express mail service.
Colorado Apostille Fees
On average it will take a minimum of 5 - 7 business day once we receive your order and return it to you. The cost for the first 2 Apostille documents is $125.00 each, additional Apostille documents are $100 each.
Expedited service is available to speed up the Apostille process & for the return of your documents as quickly as possible for an additional $120.00 for all document going to the same location.
All document are returned to you at no additional cost using USPS Priority Mail unless International mail or express mail is requested which is an additional cost.
Colorado Embassy Legalization
Embassy Legalization is $300 for the first document. If additional document are going to the same Embassy they are $225 each.
Above Embassy Legalization Fee Includes:
- Money Order fee 2x
- Duplicate document copy fee
- Postage to US Dept of State
- US Department of State Certification fee
- Postage to the Embassy
- Return postage to Notary & Apostille Service
- Domestic courier or return postage to you.
The above Embassy Legalization does not include:
- Courier fee
- Expedited Service to Washington, DC or other areas
- Any Fees the Embassy may charge
- Any fee the Embassy charges to expedite the processing of your order
- Any fee the Embassy charges
- Any fee related to commercial documents, commercial invoices Commercial Shipping, Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, Incorporation Letter, Halal Certificate for use in Middle Eastern countries or other countries that require additional fee for Halal Certificate & NUSACC Certificate
- Chamber of Commerce Fee
- Translation Services
- International postage to return your document to you
- International or Domestic Express mail service if required
- Any other fee not specifically mentioned
All fees must be submitted with work in US dollars ($) to avoid delays while your check or money order clears the bank, this delay could add an additional 3 - 5 business days to your order.
To get started with your order click here to fill out & print an online order form to include with your order & to see what type of payments are acceptable, and to get our mailing address. You can also click on the "Getting Started" link in the footer below, which is located at the bottom of every page.
Mailing your documents
When mailing your documents to us we strongly recommend that you use FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express Mail - keep a copy of your tracking number to ensure delivery.