The Kansas Secretary of State provides an Apostille or certifications for documents that are going to be used in a foreign country.
Kansas Secretary of State will only authenticate or certify signatures on documents originating or issued in Kansas and the following officials.
A Kansas Notary Public
Court documents must be Certified copies issued by a Kansas Court
Document Signed by the State, District, County Official
Signed by the State Registrars of the Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics
To see if your document is ready for an Apostille you can email it to us.
Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates
How can I tell if my Birth Certificate, Death Certificates or Marriage Certificates is acceptable for an Apostille in Kansas?
Vital Record must be a Certified copy
issued by the State of Kansas (KS)
or from https://www.vitalchek.com
How long does it take?
Normal processing time at the Kansas Secretary of State is 2 days, however, to expedite your mail service, Expedited service is available to speed up the process & for the return of your documents as quickly as possible.
Kansas Apostille Fees
On average it will take a minimum of 7 business day once we receive your order and return it to you. The cost for the first 2 Apostille documents is $125.00 each, additional Apostille documents are $100 each.
Expedited service is available to speed up the Apostille process & for the return of your documents as quickly as possible for an additional $120.00 for all document going to the same location.
All document are returned to you at no additional cost using USPS Priority Mail unless International mail or express mail is requested which is an additional cost.
Kansas Embassy Legalization
Embassy Legalization is $300 for the first document. If additional document are going to the same Embassy they are $225 each.
Above Embassy Legalization Fee Includes:
- Money Order fee 2x
- Duplicate document copy fee
- Postage to US Dept of State
- US Department of State Certification fee
- Postage to the Embassy
- Return postage to Notary & Apostille Service
- Domestic courier or return postage to you.
The above Embassy Legalization does not include:
- Courier fee
- Expedited Service to Washington, DC or other areas
- Any Fees the Embassy may charge
- Any fee the Embassy charges to expedite the processing of your order
- Any fee the Embassy charges
- Any fee related to commercial documents, commercial invoices Commercial Shipping, Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, Incorporation Letter, Halal Certificate for use in Middle Eastern countries or other countries that require additional fee for Halal Certificate & NUSACC Certificate
- Chamber of Commerce Fee
- Translation Services
- International postage to return your document to you
- International or Domestic Express mail service if required
- Any other fee not specifically mentioned
Certificate of Origin
Letter of Credit
Power of Attorney
Free Sale Certificate
Articles of Incorporation or By Laws
Translations of Certain Agreements into Arabic
Real Estate and Property Documents
Employment Letters with Arab Companies or Affiliates - Resumes
Bid or Tender Letters
Registration of Corporations, Partnerships, or Joint Ventures
Any Other Documents of Legal Nature
All fees must be submitted with work in US dollars ($) to avoid delays while your check or money order clears the bank, this delay could add an additional 3 - 5 business days to your order.
To get started with your order click here to fill out & print an online order form to include with your order & to see what type of payments are acceptable, and to get our mailing address. You can also click on the "Getting Started" link in the footer below, which is located at the bottom of every page.
Mailing your documents
When mailing your documents to us we strongly recommend that you use FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express Mail - keep a copy of your tracking number to ensure delivery.