USA Apostille going to United Kingdom
United Kingdom Apostille
United Kingdom of Great Britain, (England) and Northern Ireland and its territories * have agreed to accept the Apostille for the Legalization of documents going to United Kingdom, (England) from other contracting states. Many other nations have also signed the Hague Convention agreement making it easier to have any of your United States of America (USA) documents or affidavits such as: Birth Certificate, Marriage License/Certificate, Birth Certificate, Corporate Record, Death Certificate, Court Affidavits, Educational Diploma, Degree, Transcript or any type of document created in the USA Legalized for use in United Kingdom of Great Britain, (England) and Northern Ireland.
* The following UK territories have gained their independence and declared that it considers itself bound by the Convention or acceded to the Convention:
- Bahama Islands
- Bechuanaland Protectorate
- Saint Christopher, Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent
These country achieved independence. No declaration has been made on the continuation in force of the Convention.
- British Solomon Islands Protectorate
- Gilbert and Ellice Islands
- New Hebrides (however, the British Embassy and the French Embassy notified that the Government of the United Kingdom and the Government of the French Republic have reached an agreement whereby the extension of the Convention to the Anglo-French Condominium of the New Hebrides with effect from 15 February 1966, has been confirmed, and the competent authorities to issue the certificate designated. The New Hebrides achieved independence on 30 July 1980 and became the Republic of Vanuatu).
- Southern Rhodesia
Dates of independence
- British Guyana became the Republic of Guayana (26 May 1966) British
- Solomon Islands Protectorate became Solomon Islands (7 July 1978)
- Gilbert Islands became Kiribati (12 July 1979)
- Ellice Islands became Tuvalu (1 October 1978)
- New Hebrides became the Republic of Vanuatu (30 July 1980)
- Southern Rhodesia became the Republic of Zimbabwe (18 April 1980))
The purpose of the Apostille is to certify the authenticity of the signature on the document; the capacity in which the individual signing the document acted; and the identity of any seal or stamp affixed to the document. The Apostille has nothing to do with verifying that the document is an original or real.
Before the Apostille was accepted you would have to start a cumbersome and time-consuming process of obtaining stamps or a series of certifications known as "legalization".
Since United Kingdom, (England) is a signatory and the above list territories have agreed or to be bound by the Convention or acceded to the Hague Convention, there is no need to visit the Embassy or consular office.
Many countries have not sign the Hague Convention to accept the Apostille for document legalization. If the country you want to have your documents Legalized in does not accept the Apostille, then you must start the Legalization process. The Legalization process requires you to visit several United State government offices for certification and or authentication. You would also have to travel to the Embassy or consular office to apply for an embassy stamp or a consular stamp. All of the embassies are located in Washington, DC. However some embassies are located in key cities through out the USA that have the authority to issue consular stamp.
Getting an embassy stamp is no easy process. To get to some embassies you may have to travel a great distance to that embassy or if it's to far away you may have to mail your documents to have them Legalized. Some embassies may have special hours to apply for the stamp (i.e. morning only). They may also have special hours to pick up your legalized document. Once you get to the embassy you may have to wait on a long line. You also may have to come back the next day because this kind of work is not done so quickly. So without the Apostille you would have this cumbersome and time-consuming process of obtaining stamps or a series of certifications.
So let Notary & Apostille Service take charge of getting your Apostille for United Kingdom, (England) or one of it territories. Expedited or Same day affordable Apostille service is available.
These are also British Territories:
- Anguilla (UK)
- Guernsey, bailiwick of (UK)
- Isle of Man (UK)
- Jersey (UK)
- Bermuda (UK)
- Montserrat (UK)
- British Antarctic Territory (UK)
- St. Georgia & the South Sandwich Island
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
- Saint Helena (UK)
- Cayman Islands (UK)
- Turks & Caicos Islands (UK)
- Falkland Islands (UK)
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
- Gibraltar (UK)