Oman Apostille

Oman, has agreed to accept the Apostille on 12 May 2011, for the Legalization of documents going to Oman from other contracting states. Many other nations have also signed the Hague Convention agreement making it easier to have any of your United States of America (USA) documents or affidavits such as: Birth Certificate, Marriage License/Certificate, Birth Certificate, Corporate Record, Death Certificate, Court Affidavits, Educational Diploma, Degree, Transcript or any type of document created in the USA Legalized for use in Oman

The purpose of the Apostille is to certify the authenticity of the signature on the document; the capacity in which the individual signing the document acted; and the identity of any seal or stamp affixed to the document. The Apostille has nothing to do with verifying that the document is an original or real.

Before the Apostille was accepted you would have to start a cumbersome and time-consuming process of obtaining stamps or a series of certifications known as "legalization".

Since Oman is a signatory to the present Hague Convention, there is no need to visit the Embassy or consular office. You can now apply directly to the Designated Competent Authority to issue the Apostille Stamp for Oman.

Embassy Consularization is a much longer time consuming process than getting an Apostille and it tends be more expensive. Also, some consulates have jurisdictional requrement, (e.g., if your document was created in California then you can not send it to a New York consulate if there is a consulate in California that has jurisdictional control over documents notarized or created in that state. Therefore, your document will have to be process by the consulate in California). The embassy/consular fee to process one document depends on the embassy it is going to, the fee can be as little as $1.00 (Madagascar) or as much as $600.00 (UAE), per document, also, the price can vary depending of if the document is a commercial document or if its a personal document.

Types of Documents acceptable for Legalization

Federal Document issued by DHS, EPA, FBI, FDA, USDA or USPTO

  • Certificate of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
  • Certificate of Exportability
  • Certificate of Pharmaceutical Products. (CPP)
  • Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG)
  • Certificate of Origin
  • Certified copy of Naturalization from US Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
  • Export Certificate for Animal Products
  • FBI Background Check
  • Free Sale Certificate issued by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
  • Phytosanitary or Plant Certificate
  • USDA Animal Health Certificate
  • USPTO Patent Certificate
  • USPTO Trademark Certificate

Personal Documents

  • Affidavit - Any Signed & Notarized document
  • Birth Certificate or Death Certificate
  • Drivers Licenses
  • Passport
  • Court Record - Criminal Record
  • Divorce Certificate
  • Educational Documents - Diploma, Transcript
  • Local Police Background Check Marriage License
  • Medical Letters
  • No Record of a Marriage - Single Status Letter
  • Permission to Travel document
  • Power of Attorney
  • Social Security Letter
  • Teacher Credentials

Commercial Documents

  • Agency Agreement
  • Assignment
  • Business Letter
  • Certificate of Analysis
  • Certificate of Free Sale
  • Certificate of Origin
  • Certificate of Status
  • Commercial Invoice
  • ISO Certificate
  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Articles of Organization
  • Board Resolution
  • Business License
  • Certificate of Amendment
  • Certificate of existence
  • Certificate of Good Standing
  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Certificate of Incumbency
  • Certificate of Merger
  • Certificate of Registration
  • Company Bylaws
  • FDA Document
  • Patent Assignment
  • Trademark Assignment
  • Distributor Agreement
  • Letter of Authorization
  • Power of Attorney
  • Technical Data Sheet

Embassy Locations

While many consulates are located in New York City because of the United Nations (UN) many of them do not process documents for legalization. If they will not legalized documens in NYC your documents will require embassy legalization in Washington, DC. We offer regular processing of documents & and RUSH expedited service If you want your documents returned in the shortest possible time frame. Each type of document has different handling requirements. Each embassy has its set time to process your document and may require additional time for traveling between locations to get the document legalized.

How long will it take to process my document

PLEASE NOTE: The number located on the tab for Oman is the approximate number of days that it take the embassy to process documents. This number is only a guide & there is no guarentee that your job will be completed in that time frame, as it may take longer because of additional administrative workload, holidays, administrative employee strike, severe weather in the Northeast, etc. Any additional time is the 3 to 4 days at that your document is at the US Department of State, a day at the Chamber of Commerce if necessary & 1 - 4 days spent in the mail

Rush Service

The best way to process your document in New York City or Washington, DC is to hire a Courier Service like Notary & Apostille Service. We are located on Long Island, New York but, but offer NY mobile notary public & hand delivery courier service in New York City. In addition, we have affiliates in Washington, DC with a proven track record of safetly delivering your document in a timely manner to the various places your document must go to (e.g., Department of State, Arab Chamber of Commerce) before it can be Consularized by the Embassy for Oman.

There are several reasons why you DO NOT want to send your documents via the mail to the US Department of State or the Oman Embassy. One, Because of heighten security, the US Post service is screening all mail, this is causing a delay in the delivery process. Two, there is no chain of custody & you have NO ideas when your document was received by them & or when they forwarded your documents to the next required governmental office.

If you are in a rush for your documents to be returned to you I strongly recommend you use our Expedited mail service to & from Washington DC & our affiliate service provider in Washington, DC. By using these methods it will save about 5 business days since your documents are hand carried between the Maryland Secretary of State, if necessary, US Department of State, Arab Chamber of Commerce , if necessary, and the Oman Embassy.

Notary & Apostille Service can assist you in getting your documents legalized at the Oman Embassy in Washington, DC or from the Oman consulate in New York City if that service is available. Click Here to Get your Consularization Started Now!

Why use Notary & Apostille Service

By using our RUSH Service you can be sure your documents are moving safetly between each government office and not sitting around on someones desk or lost in the shuffle or mail.

Do you have a document that was created in Oman

Notary & Apostille Service can only provide support for the legalization of birth certificates, death certificates, educational records and other documents originating or created in the United States or signed my a USA Notary Public, USA Embassy Officer in a foreign country or any Public official whose signature can be authenticated by a USA Secretary of State, County Clerk or the approving authority for that type of document.

If your document originated from Oman, was created in Oman or notarized in Oman, you will have to contact an authorized service agent in Oman in order to get your document legalized. Documents legalized in the United States at the Oman Embassy are normally used in Oman or if requested by an embassy or consulate in the USA. If you have a document from Oman

Click Here to find the Designated Competent Authority in Oman that can help you!

Ready to get started? We're ready to help you get started, click below to get started or for more information.